CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Free Power Rest

"Come to me all you heavy laden and I will give you rest..."


These are the very same words from my ‘Dad’ who has been very faithful to me since the beginning of time, even before I was conceived in my mother’s womb. There ‘He’ was, watching my every move, guiding my first steps, listening to the utterance of my first few words, lovingly watching me as I grow up. There ‘He’ was, standing behind my back, ready to catch me if ever I will fall.

As the sheets of the calendar are one by one flying off which signals that I am growing old – not that really old, just older when I was a toddler – I realized how ‘He’ was still very faithful to me. And mind you, that faithfulness did not stop there, for in fact, up until this moment… That same faithful ‘Dad’ I once knew is far beyond more faithful, in spite of the mishaps I bumped myself into.

I am clueless as to why ‘He’ chose to call me ‘His’ child even if I am no good… Even if at times I let my sinful human nature rule over my life; even if I am selfish in my own ways; even if most of the time, I find it hard to forgive those who caused my agony; even if I always insist my own ways; even if I do not let ‘Him’ in, in all the areas of my life; even if I am stubbornly disobedient. Plainly unworthy.

It has been said that life is composed of ninety five percent beautiful and the five percent left is the unpleasant part. But then at times, I do not find life beautiful as how it really is. I refuse to believe that it is beautiful for I tend to invest my focus on that five percent which is unpleasant. Nevertheless, I am more than grateful to my ‘Dad’ who always makes me realize that life, if lived with ‘Him’ and for ‘Him’ is tantamount to an everlasting bliss.

If you know me well and long enough… You might be wondering who is that ‘Dad’ I am referring to, for you might know that I have not seen my father personally, not in a single moment, I only saw him on a picture. But that ‘Dad’ I was referring to is none other than my Heavenly Father. ‘He’ who has been there for me, guided me, loved me, accepted me, no, not for the good things that I have done and in spite of who and what I am. Sweet Jesus.

God loved me… and having ‘Him’ alone in my life is more than enough. All of ‘Him’ is more than enough for me. He is the strength of my heart, my strong hold, and my firm foundation. ‘He’ keeps me sane. ‘He’ keeps me breathing for ‘He’ is the air that I breathe. Everyone may turn against me, everyone might fool me, everyone might kill me through inflicting excruciating pain in my being, everyone might leave me, everyone might not be true to me, and this time… just once, I am officially breaking the ice of silence I have long built, letting the whole world know that I SIMPLY DON’T CARE.

I couldn’t care less… For I know that I do not have the power to change how other people will act towards me. And if ever I have that power, I do not wish to change the way they would respond to me, for there lies the irony of it. It enables me to segregate the real ones from the great pretenders just like segregating garbage from gems. I am growing tired with the things that do not want to be changed. So now, I am laying down everything at the foot of ‘His’ cross. Laying down my pride, I simply say, that ‘He’s’ all that I need.

Now, I am coming back to my first love – to my ‘Dad.’ I will be availing of that rest ‘He’ offers us with. How about you? Stocks are running out… You need not go to the nearest sari-sari stores in order to avail of this special offer from ‘Him.’ Avail now… All you have to do is to close your eyes and say, “Here I am Lord… I am Yours.”

Be embraced by God’s grace today. Stop frowning. Be happy.

(Okay, yah I know right, I must be telling these to myself…Ü)





P.S. Pabati... Happy Birthday Te Aiz! : )


0 Scribbles to senseful (comments):